1 person treated after exposure to chemical

GREENWOOD VILLAGE – Several people complained about burning in their throats and eyes after exposure to a chemical Thursday afternoon.

South Metro Fire Rescue responded to 5340 South Quebec Street for around 3 p.m. They determined the irritant was likely a small amount of Potassium Perchlorate. It’s commonly used as an oxidizer in fireworks and other types of pyrotechnics.

One person was taken to the hospital as a precaution due to the exposure.

South Metro Fire Rescue says they’re cleaning up and disposing of the substance. There’s no threat to the surrounding area and they do not believe the incident is suspicious.

Source Article

Leave a Comment